Best Tattoo Power Supply for Newbies: Choosing the Right Tool for a First Job
The perfect tattoo depends on the use of the best tattooing supplies. It is for this reason that you need the best tattoo power supply. With this gadget, you will have quality artwork at any given time.
The right tattoo power supply is very important if you intend to keep your tattooing unit at peak state. It will save you time by ensuring that your shader and liner are always ready for the next tattoo session.
To help you in making the right choice of the best tattoo machine power supply, we have reviewed the top models. Take a look at what we have compiled for you.
In A Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks…
How to Choose the Best Tattoo Power Supply
Now that you have seen the best tattoo machine power supplies, you are ready to get your ideal model. However, the ideal model is never easy to find. To get the best model you have to ensure that it meets your needs.
How can you do that? You can follow this best wireless tattoo power supply buying guide. The guide is comprehensive and highlights on the most fundamental factors that you require. Read on to find what I have in place for you.
- Required Voltage
First, you must understand that not all tattooing machines use the exact voltage. Depending on the manufacturer tattooing power supplies will have different voltage output ranges. In short, you have to determine the right/correct voltage for your power supply.
Normally, we have some power supply machines that can run with as high as 15 volts. However, there are some that will use as low as 3 volts. Often, I advise the newbies to focus on low voltage machines.
Machines that can be regulated are the best. The high voltage use should be left for extreme levels and the most demanding jobs. If you have to focus on the best portable power supplies, you should focus on those that can use as low as 1.5 volts.
More power is required for higher voltage output. This is not energy efficient and might leave you with high bills.
- Type of Power Supply
The next thing that you must determine is the type of power supply that you need for your use. The best professional tattoo power supplies come in two types. We have the manual and the digital power supply.
However, there are also other categorizations such as unregulated and regulated models. Your choice will be determined by the power output reading and your artistry level. For newbies, the regulated models will be the best.
Even so, the seasoned tattoo artists can always work with both digital and unregulated models. Digital power supply will also provide more accuracy. They are easy to track, see, and check. But these models will also cost more.
The analog power supplies are however cheaper. They are also very difficult to read and may leave you with some inconveniences that you don’t need for business.
When tattooing, you will realize that the amount of power that you require will depend on the level of pressure that you’ll apply to the tattooing needle. Most of the regulated machines often give you some balance. This will compensate for any fluctuations that you’ll experience.
However, several other models might not. That’s why it is important to read through the best reviews. Professional reviews will help you to pick the most comfortable power machines at any time.
- Surge Protection
It isn’t every day that your power comes in the same level. Sometimes power output from the electrical plugs will surge. A power surge can easily seize your tattooing power supply machine. It is, therefore, ideal if you can have a model that’s protected from any forms of power surges. This model will protect your tattooing machines too.
- Pedal compatibility
Pedal compatibility will help you to use your power supply machine anywhere. Once you have a foot pedal you will be good to go. This is cool especially for people who are often on the road. It makes your work easy and you won’t have many things to carry with you.
- Weight, Size, Portability
Finally, your best tattoo machine power supply should also be ultra-light. An ultra-light model is easy to carry around and also along trips. It makes the machine highly portable and compact too.
To get such an ultra-light touch, you should focus on a mini machine or a machine that hardly weighs a pound. These types of machines are easy to carry around and will fit in both the pocket and totes.
Top 7 Best tattoo machine power supply
Now let’s look at the reviews of the professional tattoo power supply. We chose only the best models as they’ll help you to make up your mind faster.
Pirate Face Tattoo Dual Digital Tattoo Power Supply
Let us talk of the Pirate Face Tattoo Dual Digital Tattoo Power Supply first. The reason why I am starting with this model is simple.
First it comes from one of the best tattoo power supply brands that you can find today. Secondly, it enjoys some of the best ratings and finally, the tattoo power supply is a bestseller in almost every online site.
- Easy to use
- Quality USA Seller
- Quality construction
Apart from those reasons, this model also comes with the best features for your work. With the Pirate Face Tattoo Dual Digital Tattoo Power Supply, now you can easily connect all your tattoo machines.
You can connect the both the liner and shader at the same time. The power supply can hold both the tools and will switch on with one simple flip of the switch.
- Light in weight
- Upgraded flat foot pedal
- 6 foot clipping cord
- Liner and shader at the same time
- Compact and ideal for traveling
- Low beginner output of 1.5 volts
As if that’s not enough, you will also determine the tattooing tool that should power on. This means you will have the control power. In addition to that, you’ll also save so much time since you’d having both your tattooing machines powered and ready for the next job.
One thing that I love about this machine is this. The machine enjoys a full digital design. This means that you can easily set the perfect voltage too. As such, you’ll be able to save more power and pay lower bills.
This power supply also comes with a simple upgraded flat foot pedal. The pedal is crafted from the best stainless steel and as such enjoys high-end durability. As if that’s not enough, the model also comes ready for any demanding jobs.
Apart from that, you will also get a 6 foot clipping cord and matching power cords for a stylish tattooing session.
Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine Power Supply
With the Dragonhawk Mast Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine Power Supply you’ll automatically get another reliable power supply for your work.
The power supply comes with good reviews and has a stylish design added to it. The model is also simple to learn and will leave you with a highly enjoyable experience. But more importantly, the model also has its specialty features.
- Dragonhawk General Tattoo Kit: All-in-one solution for tattoo beginner or intermediate level of tattoo artist in the stage of learning tattooing for over one year but less than three years At this stage, a tattoo artist may have already mastered the basic techniques and be able to create some simple tattoo designs They needs to constantly learn and practice to improve their skills and level, as well as gradually develop their own style and reputation.
- Customized Tattoo Pen Motor: This tattoo machine features a powerful custom motor and an advanced gear system that guarantees reliable, quiet operation without any vibration. The Mast machine has a working voltage of 6V–9V, ergonomic, lightweight pen-style machine. Pebble modeling. Made of Space Aluminum frame and custom Mast motor. Length: 11.7CM. Weight: 120g
- Tattoo Cartridges Needles: Patent shell design. Increase ink storage, Absorb inks faster, Injection average. Special silicone rebound membrane. Made by medical grade LG PC. Lowest tin solder, innovate medical PC material connect needles. Popuar cartridges all over world tattoo artists.
- Versatile Use: This tattoo kit made for lining, shading, color packer, blend and SMP hair scalp.
- Tattoo Kit Advantage: This tattoo pen machine work best with the 2A output Airfoil tattoo power supply, this kit research and build up by our brand pro team, it used in many studios for tattoo & smp. This tattoo power box gives you effortless adjustments with an easy-to-use one touch knob, lightweight and compact; great for traveling artists, easy to wrap, protect, and keep clean
First, the power supply comes with a one-time switch. The switch responds very fast and will give you an easy time too. Once you press it for 3-5 seconds it lights up both the power supply and its standby indicator.
More importantly, the Dragonhawk Mast rotary tattoo comes with a high-end frame that’s made from the space aluminum alloy. This means that the machine is highly durable and will last long enough to guarantee the value for your money.
The mast motor is also reliable and comes with a simple weight of about 120 grams. This is what makes this power supply ultra-light and very much portable. It is also the main reason why most users brand this model as the best tattoo machine power supply.
- Patent shell design
- Increased ink storage
- Compatible with foot pedals
- Comes with long cord
- Easy to identify switch
- Needs frequent maintenance
While the machine features one of the most powerful custom motors it also has an advanced gear system. The gear system is reliable and guarantees a quiet operation. You won’t feel any vibrations and you can even have a conversation while tattooing.
Again, this robot vacuum comes with a very low working voltage of about 6V–9V. It will, therefore, help you in saving both the power and the energy.
More importantly, its ergonomic design is also a contribution factor to its ease of use. Thanks to its pen-style design, you can use the power supply for extended times.
BRONC Professional Tattoo Power Supply
If you are looking for the best professional tattoo power supply for your next gen job, Bronc got your back. This is a professional model that guarantees some of the best tattoos that you’ll find today.
It is easy to use and also to clean. So if it gathers dust, you shouldn’t worry at all. Instead you can follow its simple user manual to get the perfect cleaning touch with a spotless result.
- [important] There is a screen film on the screen to protect the screen so you can peel the screen protector off from the screen then you will find there is no scratch on the screen.
- [Satisfaction Guaranteed] If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the power supply, please feel free to contact us.
- Input voltage: 90V-240V, AC50/60Hz. Output Voltage: 3-18v. Output Power: 0.3-68W. Output Current: 0-3A, accuracy ± 0.1 A. Output current overload protection. Operating Temperature: 5 ~ +45 ℃.
- Liner/ Shader presets with memory modes. Momentary (conventional) or Maintained (push on push off) foot switch modes. Easy one button toggle.
- PLUGIN IN THE POWER - Use standard adapter connect to power supply through “DC/19" socket.
So what makes this tattoo power supply one of a kind? When I looked at it, I was amazed by its digital LCD panel. The touch screen LCD makes it easy to operate this tattoo supply whenever you want to.
The screen is also reliable and long lasting. It comes with a durable screen film that acts as the screen to protect. As if that’s not enough, the screen also enjoys one of the best anti-scratch design technologies.
You can use it frequently and will never find any dulling of the screen. Like the many top models that we have seen, this one is also a lightweight. The unit weighs 650g and uses between 90V-240V.
- Stainless steel flat foot pedal
- Non-slip tattoo power supply base
- 2 clip cords
- Digitally controlled voltage output
- One year warranty
- Must use a standard adapter to connect to DC
The input voltage is quite ideal and thus makes this model a power efficient model. It is, therefore, good for business. The output voltage falls between 3-18v.
The liner and shader also preset with cool memory modes. Bu if you don’t want these, you can go with the maintained (push on push off) modes for the foot switch.
One Tattoo World OTW-P034-3 Mini Professional Tattoo Power Supply
Another model that qualifies as the best wireless tattoo power supply for beginners is the One Tattoo World OTW-P034-3. This power supply is cool and integrates with both the liner and the shader.
So if you were asking for what is the best tattoo power supply for your needs, pick the One Tattoo World OTW-P034-3. Why do I recommend this model? It is simple.
- Portable Mini Tattoo Power supply Blue color with power cord
- mini tattoo power supply
- Portable and convenient
- Voltage input: 90-265V; output: 3~18V
- Blue Color
Like the name suggests, this power supply is a mini model. It is small and compact in size and will hardly take any large space. You can, therefore carry it around so easily, since it weight less than a pound.
Apart from its portability, the model also boasts of some cool color. Blue is usually calm and welcoming. It doesn’t look scary and easily sets the mood for both the artist and the person that’s getting the tattoo.
While it is that cool for people who move a lot, it is also power efficient. Upon usage, the tattooing power supply has a voltage input of 90-265V. The subsequent voltage output is 3-18V which is ideal for general use.
- Voltage output is 3-18V
- Long cord
- A mini model (lightweight and compact)
- Cool blue color
- Easy to use and highly compatible to foot pedals
- Limited warranty
For newbies, this model is also easy to switch on. It comes with a one-time switch that you can easily identify and quickly access. The model also comes with an easy to follow user manual to aid you.
Nonetheless, you can rest assured that you’ll enjoy some long use as the model is made of durable materials. It has a long cord and is, therefore, highly flexible too. So if you have an electrical plugin that’s far, you can still get to work.
One Tattoo World OTW-P008-3R Dual Digital Tattoo Power Supply
While the sister above comes with a single line, this one comes with a dual design. You can, therefore, work with faster to finish up any bulk job that you have. Even so, the model is also easy to set up.
This is, therefore, a professional power supply set of high quality. The tattooing power supply is compact in design. It takes less space and you’ll hardly notice that it’s there.
- This is a professional quality power supply set
- 1 x foot pedal and type: Stainless steel flat
- Blue LCD display
- 2 x clip cord and size: 8' long each
- 1 x power cord
As if that’s not enough, the power supply weighs less than 2 pounds. This makes it portable and easy to use if you have a job outside the shop. However, the one thing that swept me off my feet is the dual design.
The design is easy to follow and means that the supply box can work with both the shader and the liner at the same time. You can attach both the machines at the same time and always have them ready whenever you need them.
This means that the machine also requires 2 clip cords, which you will get upon buying. Again, the machine is very easy to switch on. All you need to do is to flip the switch to the opposite side and you are ready to go.
- Digital ultra-bright LCD screen
- 13 dial potentiomete
- 120/220V conversion switch at the back
- Weighs less than 2 pounds
- Works with both the shader and the liner
- Overload protection may give way
The switch is easy to identify and sits at the lower left hand corner. It is also used to switch the power from the liner to the shader and vice versa.
Finally, there is the digital ultra-bright LCD screen that this power supply comes with. This LCD is wide and will give you an easy to read experience. It is accurate and you’ll hardly miss what you need.
Thankfully, this model also includes the 13 dial potentiometer that has a 120/220V conversion switch at the back.
BIOMASER HURRICANE HP-2 Dual Best Tattoo Power Supply Kit
The BIOMASER HURRICANE HP-2 Dual Best Tattoo Power Supply Kit is another one of the top categories. It is a fully featured digital tattooing power supply unit that you can use whenever you need.
For starters, this model is very portable. It is also compact and can easily sit on the desk or your work station. Thankfully, the model also comes with an adjustable base. The base can be easily moved and staged at the exact place that you desire.
- This Hurricane Tattoo Power Supply is a full featured digital power supply unit which can sit on any desk or work station with adjustable base. The simple assembly and disassembly mode, easy to carry, lightweight and east to use.
- 【CREATIVE DESIGN】The digital ultra-bright LCD screen makes our digital tattoo power supply kit much easier. LCD display makes you more convenient with the tattoo work. And the tattoo supply is small, easy to carry and use. 2.3 amp built in overload protection.
- 【SAVE 6 DIFFERENT SETTINGS】This mini Hurricane rotary tattoo power supply machine has the ability to save your settings for 6 different configurations. Just plug in a new machine, choose your preset.
- 【VOLTAGE ADJUSTMENT& MEMORY PRESET】Use the up and down buttons to adjust voltage. The default adjustment resolution is 1(1/10) volt, these values you adjusted are stored in the tattoo power supply memory even in the event of power down.
- 【100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】18 months warranty, 90 days money back guaranteed! No risk of purchases! For any problem about this rotary tattoo power supply, please contact us via AMAZON, we will do our best to solve all your problems! Add to Cart Now!
As if that’s not enough, this model also comes with a simple assembly and disassembly technology. It makes the model easy to carry and also to use.
More importantly, this power supply is also ideal for both the shader and the liner. You can connect these two tattooing tools so that you are always ready for the next job.
One thing that most people love about this power supply is its LCD screen. The digital ultra-bright screen makes the power supply readable and very effective. It makes your job more convenient and easy too.
So what next when you buy it? Well, it is small and easy to carry for jobs that are outside the shop. The model also comes with a 2.3 amp built for a reliable overload protection.
- 18 months warranty
- Overload protection
- Digital ultra-bright screen
- Ideal for both the shader and the liner
- Model is very portable
- Comes with an adjustable base
- Catches dirt easily
In addition to that, this mini rotary tattoo power supply has the ability to also save your pre-sets for up to 6 different configurations. The voltage adjustment is also easy to use and will guarantee the best power efficiency.
To adjust the voltage, simply use the up and down buttons that’s stipulated in the user manual. Remember the default adjustment resolution of the machine is 1/10 volts.
Tekpower HY-1502 DC Tattoo Power Supply
Finally, we have the Tekpower HY-1502 DC Tattoo Power Supply. This best tattoo machine power supply is cool. It is also easy to use and will leave you with an experience like no other if you are a beginner.
Unlike the best wireless tattoo power supply that you can choose, the Tekpower HY1502 DC uses regulated power. This makes it power efficient and also ideal for both home and commercial use.
- 1.5-15 Volts adjustable @ 2 amps, ideal for tattoo use
- Foot pedal (switch) & clip cords with banana plugs can be purchased separately
- LED Digital dispaly
- CE approved
- 30-day money back guarantee & 1-year warranty
The supply has a fixed current output that gives it the same efficiency like the best models that you can get for more. You can use it at 2 amps and also control the speed while adjusting the voltage. The voltage can be adjusted from 1.5 volts to 15 volts.
Remember, higher voltage guarantees a higher speed and this model is a no-fuss power supply that suits an everyday tattoo artist.
Again, when I looked at the Tekpower HY1502, I realized that this DC regulated tattoo power supply unit is for any artist that needs a compact and low cost unit.
It is ideal for you whether you are working in a small space or on the road. It comes with a light weight box and is designed with some of the best metal alloy.
- Light weight box
- Banana plugs
- Foot pedal control switch
- Secure lock for maximum power
- Affordable and ideal for beginners
- The user manual is slightly complex
The model comes with an LCD screen. This screen is incredibly easy to work with. It is easy to read and comes with the banana plugs. The plugs are found on the supply’s foot pedal control switch and ensure that you have a great time with your tool.
Once you lock in the connection, you are good to go. You will use a secure lock for maximum power quality.
Benefits of Using the Power Supply
The best tattoo machine power supply has so many benefits that you can enjoy. They include the following:
- Ease to learn and also use
- Saves time with dual technology
- Highly accurate tattooing
- High power efficiency
- Fast with regulated pressure
NOTE: The benefits that you will enjoy depend on your needs. If the model suits your needs then you will enjoy every moment with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
After looking at the buying guide, it is time to look at the common concerns that most people have. Here are some questions that I was able to gather that’ll shade more light on tattoo power supplies.
How do tattoo power supplies work?
Tattoo power supplies work simply. All you need to do is to plug the power supply in an electrical plugin using the cord. Once the tattoo machine is plugged in, you should also plug in the foot pedal.
With these two features intact, you can then power on the machine using the power button. The machine powers on the shader and the liner at the same time. However, you must adjust the machine’s voltage level to an ideal one.
What level of voltage does my tattoo machine need?
The level of tattoo power supply voltage depends on the manufacturer. There are a variety of factors that will determine the amount of voltage that you need. These factors include the size, weight, and model of the machine.
The nature of tattooing work will also play a crucial role. Even so, most machines will work with voltage range of between 4 and 12 volts. The portable pocket power supply may however start from 1.5 volts on peculiar occasions.
What are the different types of tattoo power supplies?
There are two main types of tattoo power supplies namely the analog and the digital types. However, a new form of categorization is coming up. This latest category group tattoo power supplies in unregulated and regulated model.
What’s the difference between analog and digital tattoo power supplies?
The digital models are the contemporary tattooing power supplies with LCD displays. These model are easy to read and much more accurate. They are also the wireless types and will hardly inflict any pain. This is unlike the analog models that use hard-to-read conventional design technology.
Why does the power supply to my tattoo machine fluctuate?
This is because the amount of power that a tattooing machine needs at any given time depends on the applied pressure. If the artist applies more pressure the power required will be more and vice versa. This is however very low on regulated machines since this type of machines creates the needed balance.
Which is the best tattoo power machine brand?
Going by brand, I can go for Dragonhawk. This brand is one of the most seasoned brands. It is known for style, quality, and affordability. Nonetheless, some of the best brands include Pirate Face, BRONC, One Tattoo World, BIOMASER and Tekpower.
Every tattoo artist takes pride in having the perfect tattoo. This is not easy if you are a newbie. Even so, if you have the right tools of trade, the results you need will come in fast. The use of the best tattoo power supply is the way to go.
While the models that we have are many, my top-rated reviews have given you a top start. These reviews have some of the top models. It included the best sellers, best rated, and more importantly the premium versions.
Choose your best wireless tattoo power supply today and enjoy a great time making cool artistic tattoos.